Geo Brick Series Programmable Servo Amplifiers
The Geo Brick brings together the intelligence and capability of the Turbo PMAC2 motion controller with the latest IGBT-based drive technology in one, compact smart 4-, 6- or 8-axis servo drive package. The flexible nature of the Turbo PMAC2 enables the Geo Brick to drive Brush, Brushless or AC induction motors with unsurpassed pure digital DSP performance. The absence of analog signals – required for typical motion controller/drive interfacing – enables higher gains, better overall performance and tighter integration, while significantly driving costs and setup time down.
The embedded 32-axis Turbo PMAC2 motion controller in the Geo is programmable for virtually any kind of motion control application and it includes PLC programming features for complete machine logic control.
The drive and motion controller are truly at one with each other. All diagnostic information, such as amplifier faults, bus voltage, axis currents, phase current, heatsink temperature, etc., is accessed by the PMAC controller and available to user-written PMAC programs.
The Geo Brick is a scalable automation controller. If an application requires only I/O-driven smart servo control where the motion is coordinated by a machine controller, such as a PLC, the Geo Brick is ideal due to its ability to store programs locally and execute based on inputs, Ethernet or high-speed USB 2.0-based communication.
On the other hand, if an application requires a complete machine controller with PLC functionality, motion control, extensible I/O via Modbus TCP master, an HMI terminal via Modbus TCP slave or even a PC-based HMI package connected via USB 2.0 or Ethernet, the Geo Brick is again the answer.
Geo Brick Highlights
The Geo Brick is capable of controlling up to eight axes with direct-PWM commands. The features include:
· Motorola DSP 56k digital signal processor
· Turbo PMAC2 CPU (for kinematics, open servo, NC applications)
· Fully Configurable via USB2.0 and/or Ethernet TCP/IP (100 Base-T)
· Operation from a PC
· Stand-alone operation
· Linear and circular interpolation
· 256 motion programs capacity
· 64 asynchronous PLC program capability
· Rotating buffer for large programs
· 36-bit position range (± 64 billion counts)
· Adjustable S-curve acceleration and deceleration
· Cubic trajectory calculations, splines
· Set and change parameters in real time
· Torque, Velocity and Position control standard
· Small footprint saves space
· Full rated temperature cooling standard (no need for additional fans)
· 16 inputs (expandable to 32 with option) fully-protected and isolated with separate commons for two banks of eight